torsdag den 23. juli 2015

Choosing Nepal

Why choose Nepal you may ask?
Well to be frank I cannot say that I myself chose Nepal. In some funny way you can say that fate chose Nepal for me. You see, I was 19 and enjoying my gap year: I had just returned from Spain where I had completed my education as a guide and I was excited to finally go in February. Needless to say it left me furious when I one day got the call that I would not be going to Portugal as a guide in February. Too few guests had booked and therefore I would have to wait additional two month before I could get started. That's when I decided to do something about it: I most definitely didn't want to stay in Denmark and I had always loved Asia. Ever since me and my family went there for three month in 2005 visiting India, Vietnam, Thailand and Myanmar I had been longing to get back. It so happened that I found a Danish volunteer project in Nepal and I decided to go. My family advised me strongly against going and I myself only knew that Nepal was close to India where I was adopted from.
Many times did I think about backing out and it did not help when I was told I had to take a bus in order to buy bananas. Luckily, I was too stubborn to change my mind so I went and it was the best decision I have ever made, it has changed my life.


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar